Rahul Takes Dig at PM Modi Over Advice to Bureaucrats on Social Media Use
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his advice to bureaucrats asking them not to use social media for self-promotion, saying he should lead them by example.
File photo of Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his advice to bureaucrats asking them not to use social media for self-promotion, saying he should lead them by example.
"Leading by example is clearly overrated," the Congress vice-president said on Twitter, after Modi told babus on Friday not to use social media for self-promotion or spend too much time online.
BJP leader Smriti Irani fired a retaliatory salvo at the Congress vice-president with a tweet, "Look who is talking about being overrated". The tweet was accompanied by a smiley.
Modi had said on Friday that he does not lack the political will required to carry out reforms and rather has an "extra bit" even as he exhorted bureaucrats to break silos and work together as a team to perform and transform the country.
Addressing civil servants, Modi had said they do not need to be afraid of any consequences for taking fast decisions as he will stand behind the officers taking honest decisions in public interest.
Recommended For You
- T-shirts Inside Out, No Abuse, Greet People With a Namaste: Special Daily Whatsapp Instructions for Indian Hockey Team
- Neha Kakkar, Himansh Kohli Split Just 3 Months After Confirming Their Relationship: Report
- Mowgli Movie Review: Netflix's Version of Rudyard Kipling's Book is Dull
- India Just Beat Australia in Australia and Cricket Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Here are 10 Amazing Instagram Posts by Miss World 2018 Vanessa Ponce De Leone
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s