Rajasthan Assembly Election 2018: Poll Panel Orders Repoll at a Booth in Sri Ganganagar District
The decision was taken after it came to notice that electronic voting machines (EVMs) were not cleared of mock poll when the actual polling began.
File photo of women voting in Rajasthan (Image: AP)
Jaipur: The Election Commission has ordered repolling at a booth in Karanpur Assembly constituency of Rajasthan's Sri Ganganagar district on Monday.
The decision was taken after it came to notice that electronic voting machines (EVMs) were not cleared of mock poll when the actual polling began, election department sources said. Chief Electoral Officer Anand Kumar said repolling would take place at polling centre number 163 from 8am-5pm.
Kumar said there was a decline in the cases of repolling in the state this time. In 2013, repolling was conducted at eight polling centres spread across six constituencies. Voting in 199 out of 200 constituencies was held last Friday and the counting will take place on Tuesday.
Ramgarh constituency in Alwar district will go to poll later due to the death of BSP candidate Laxman Singh.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- Ranbir Kapoor Reveals Sanjay Leela Bhansali Wanted to Cast Him Opposite 11-year-old Alia Bhatt in Balika Vadhu
- Panipat Vs Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Battle: Who'll be the Winner? Trade Analysts Weigh In
- Mammootty’s Costliest Film Mamangam Budget is Lesser Than the Salary of a Bollywood Star
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details