Rajasthan Assembly Election 2018: Poll Panel Orders Repoll at a Booth in Sri Ganganagar District
The decision was taken after it came to notice that electronic voting machines (EVMs) were not cleared of mock poll when the actual polling began.
File photo of women voting in Rajasthan (Image: AP)
Jaipur: The Election Commission has ordered repolling at a booth in Karanpur Assembly constituency of Rajasthan's Sri Ganganagar district on Monday.
The decision was taken after it came to notice that electronic voting machines (EVMs) were not cleared of mock poll when the actual polling began, election department sources said. Chief Electoral Officer Anand Kumar said repolling would take place at polling centre number 163 from 8am-5pm.
Kumar said there was a decline in the cases of repolling in the state this time. In 2013, repolling was conducted at eight polling centres spread across six constituencies. Voting in 199 out of 200 constituencies was held last Friday and the counting will take place on Tuesday.
Ramgarh constituency in Alwar district will go to poll later due to the death of BSP candidate Laxman Singh.
Recommended For You
- A Determined Akshay Kumar Leads a Team of Talented Scientists in Mission Mangal Trailer
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- You Have Just Given FaceApp a Perpetual And Royalty Free License to do What They Want With Your Selfies
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- With Fast and Furious Films, Vin Diesel is the Biggest Action Star in India