Rajasthan BJP MLA Blames Muslims for Population Growth, Sees Conspiracy to Take Control of Country by 2030
He also accused the Muslim community of exploiting government resources and "tax paid by Hindus" and batted for a law to restrict to two the number of children per family
Image for representation.
Jaipur: A ruling BJP MLA in Rajasthan on Monday courted controversy by alleging that Muslims were bearing more children with an aim to outnumber Hindus and to take control of the country by 2030.
The remarks by Banwari Lal Singhal, an MLA from Alwar, in a Facebook post come ahead of a bypoll to the Alwar parliamentary seat on January 29.
"Muslims were giving birth to 12-14 children....while Hindus restrict the number to one or two. The way the Muslim population is increasing, the existence of Hindus is in danger. It is a well-planned conspiracy to have a Muslim in the chair of president, prime minister and chief ministers," he said.
"Hindus will become secondary citizens if Muslims become lawmakers," he further alleged.
Asked about his comment, Singhal told PTI: "I wrote the post after a lot of consideration and I am not going to take it down."
The MLA said he wrote the post after watching a video about Muslim population growth in India.
"It's a conspiracy of Muslims to capture all assembly and parliamentary constituencies by giving birth to 12-14 children and establish their rule by 2030," he alleged.
He also accused the Muslim community of exploiting government resources and "tax paid by Hindus" and batted for a law to restrict to two the number of children per family.
Recommended For You
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu
- Dog Makes 200km Journey Through Siberia to Find Owners Who Rejected Her
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Jio Effect: Vodafone Introduces Rs 205 and Rs 225 Prepaid Recharge Plans - Here Are The Details
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 vs Realme X: Battle for the Value Champion Heats up