Rajasthan Civic Polls: 58.83% Voter Turnout Recorded Till 3 pm
A total of 7,944 candidates are in the fray for the election to 49 civic bodies in the state. The voting to elect about 2,100 ward councillors in all 49 municipal bodies across the state started at 7 am and ended at 5 pm.
Image for representation.
Jaipur: The voter turnout in the urban local body polls in Rajasthan was 58.83 per cent till 3 pm on Saturday, an official said. He said the polling has been peaceful so far.
A total of 7,944 candidates are in the fray for the election to 49 civic bodies in the state.
The voting to elect about 2,100 ward councillors in all 49 municipal bodies across the state started at 7 am and ended at 5 pm.
The election department said a total of 33.69 lakh voters are eligible to exercise their franchise. Counting of votes will be done on Tuesday.
Election for chairman and deputy chairman of local bodies will be held on November 26 and 27, respectively.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Bigg Boss 13: Will Himanshi Khurana Get Evicted from the House to Save Asim Riaz?
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report