Rajasthan Congress Postpones Protests As Section 144 Stands Imposed Post Ayodhya Verdict
The Rajasthan Congress had announced protests against the Centre's economic policies on Novermber 11.
Image for representation. (PTI)
Jaipur: Rajasthan Congress has postponed state wide protests against the economic policies of the central government scheduled for Monday in view of prohibitory orders imposed under section 144 of the CrPC in all the districts.
Congress' planned demonstration against the Centre in the districts on November 11 and in the capital on November 13 has been postponed till further orders, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) General Secretary Mahesh Sharma said.
The section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure prevents assembly of five or more people at one spot.
Since section 144 of the CrPC is in force in all the districts in view of the Supreme Court verdict on Ayodhya case, the party has postponed the plan, he said.
In a unanimous verdict, the Supreme Court on Saturday paved the way for the construction of a Ram Temple at the disputed site at Ayodhya, while directing the Centre to allot a 5-acre plot to the Sunni Waqf Board for building a mosque.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism
- Scoreboard in Brazil Shows 0.8-0 After a Goal is Scored. Here is Why