Rajasthan Govt Sidelining Tender Rules to Buy AgustaWestland Chopper: Sachin Pilot
Vasundhara Raje govt wants to purchase AgustaWestland chopper under a buy back scheme, sidelining the tender rules, claimed Sachin Pilot.
File Photo of Sachin Pilot and Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: In a fresh allegation against Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, Congress state president Sachin Pilot on Wednesday claimed that state government wants to purchase AgustaWestland chopper under a buy back scheme, sidelining the tender rules.
Demanding a high level inquiry in the tendering process, Pilot claimed that the Raje government has designed the tender conditions to benefit AgustaWestland.
CAG had pointed out financial irregularities in the helicopter purchase by the Vasundhara Raje-led Rajasthan government in 2005.
The report had mentioned Rs 1.14 crore misappropriations of funds in the helicopter deal. Now again, the chief minister wants to purchase AgustaWestland helicopter AW169 through a buy back scheme against the tender rules, alleged Pilot.
He said that the government has restricted the time limit to seven days for tender participation, which however should minimum, be of one month time.
Conditions designed in the tender process clearly indicate that only AW169 chopped can be purchased.
We have raised objection and demand fair participation in the tender process, said Pilot in a statement.
Earlier, Pilot had demanded expanding the scope of CBI probe in AgustaWestland chopped deal stating that as the state government had purchased one, why not this should be included in it.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Shares Adorable Throwback Photo of Anil Kapoor, Rhea and Herself; See Pic
- The Tippling Point | A Toast to 2 British Singers Who Gave Their Lives for Cause of Champagne
- Reliance Jio Monsoon Hungama Offer: Understanding The Costs And The Benefits
- Actor Sumeet Vyas Set to Pen His First feature Film Script
- Janhvi Kapoor or Urvashi Rautela: Who Sported the Ritika Mirchandani Attire Better?