Rajasthan Panchayat Polls: 35 Percent Voter Turnout in First Four Hours of Second Phase
In the second phase of Rajasthan panchayat polls, 21 sarpanches and 7,466 panches have been elected unopposed in 25 districts. A total of 77,56,416 voters are eligible to exercise their franchise.
A polling officer puts indelible ink mark on the index finger of a women voter at a polling station. (Image: AP)
Jaipur: Nearly 35 per cent voter turnout was recorded in the first four hours of polling for the the second phase of panchayat elections in Rajasthan on Wednesday, a state election department spokesperson said. The polling began at 8 am.
Voting is being held in 15,127 wards of 2,312 village panchayats of 74 Panchayat Samitis. There are 15,334 candidates in the fray for the posts of sarpanch and 43,376 for positions of panch.
In the second phase, 21 sarpanches and 7,466 panches have been elected unopposed in 25 districts. A total of 77,56,416 voters are eligible to exercise their franchise.
The counting of votes for the posts of sarpanch will be done in the evening. The up-sarpanch election will be held on January 23.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Leaked Pics from The Batman Sets Reveal First Look at Batsuit, Batcycle and Catwoman
- Video of Sidharth Shukla Sweating it Out in Gym Post Bigg Boss 13 Goes Viral, Watch Here
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets
- A Wall, Whiter Taj and Stink-free Yamuna: The Many Ways India is 'Cleaning Up' to Welcome Trump
- Samsung Sent a Weird 1 Notification By Mistake, And People Started to See Conspiracies