Rajouri Garden Bypoll a Referendum on Kejriwal Govt, Says Sukhbir Singh Badal
Dubbing the Rajouri Garden Assembly bypoll a "referendum" on the Kejriwal government, senior SAD leader Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday said Akali-BJP candidate Manjinder Singh Sirsa will register a "massive" victory.
File photo of senior SAD leader Sukhbir Singh Badal.
New Delhi: Dubbing the Rajouri Garden Assembly bypoll a "referendum" on the Kejriwal government, senior SAD leader Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday said Akali-BJP candidate Manjinder Singh Sirsa will register a "massive" victory.
The ex-deputy CM of Punjab was campaigning for Sirsa.
"Basically, it is a referendum on the Kejriwal government. It will reflect the feelings of the people of Delhi who are deeply distressed by over two years of AAP rule," he said.
Badal said "more than 37" AAP candidates "lost" their security deposits in recently concluded elections in Punjab and the party will face the "same fate" in the April 9 bypoll.
Union minister Venkaiah Naidu and Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari had campaigned for Sirsa yesterday. Bollywood actor and BJP MP Paresh Rawal also campaigned for him.
Sirsa is pitted against Congress candidate Meenakshi Chandela and AAP's Harjeet Singh in a three-cornered contest.
The seat fell vacant early this year after AAP's Jarnail Singh quit as MLA to contest Punjab Assembly poll against SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal which he lost.
Recommended For You
- At 'PM Narendra Modi' Trailer Launch, Vivek Oberoi Responds Brilliantly When Asked If He'd Join Politics
- Happy Holi 2019: From Rang Barse to Badri Ki Dulhania, Turn on the Festive Vibe With These Songs
- Vivo X27 Pro With 48-Megapixel Camera, Snapdragon 710 SoC Announced
- PUBG Addiction: Karnataka Boy Writes How to Play Battle Royale Game in Answer Sheet, Fails PU Exam
- IPL 2019: Kohli and Chhetri Bond During RCB Training Camp
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s