Ram Mandir a Matter of Faith, Ready to go to Jail for it: Uma Bharti
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Saturday said Ram temple in Ayodhya was a matter of belief for her and she was ready to go to jail for it.
File photo Union Minister for Water Resources Uma Bharti (PTI Photo)
Lucknow: Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Saturday said Ram temple in Ayodhya was a matter of belief for her and she was ready to go to jail for it.
"Ram temple is a matter of belief for me and I have immense pride in it...if I have to go to jail for it I will go, if I have to hang myself for it I will do it," the firebrand BJP leader, who was part of Ram temple movement, told newspersons after meeting Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
Asked if the issue of Ram temple construction in Ayodhya figured in the talks with Adityanath, she said, "We don't need to talk about Ram temple...we (Uma and Yogi) are not strangers on this issue... Yogiji's guru Mahant Avaidnath was the leader of the temple movement."
Ram mandir ke mudde pe mein jail jane ke liye aur phaansi pe latak ne ke liye bhi tayaar hun: Uma Bharti pic.twitter.com/dLH6sA3MIb
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 8, 2017
The Union minister said that since the matter is pending in the Supreme Court she would refrain from speaking much on it but pointed out that the apex court has noted that the matter could be resolved outside the court.
The Supreme Court had recently reserved its order on a petition seeking restoration of conspiracy charges against Bharti and other senior BJP leaders, including L K Advani and MM Joshi, in the Babri Masjid demolition case.
Recommended For You
- Box Office: Manikarnika Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark, Gully Boy Likely to Enter the Club
- Alia Bhatt on Marriage: When I Feel There’s a Need to Be in a Stronger Bond, We Will Come to It
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Compact SUV Clocks Record 4 Lakh Sales in 3 Years
- Pakistani Artistes Banned From Bollywood, SRK's Daughter Wants to Date a South Korean Singer
- PUBG Mobile Ban: Developer Issues Statement Following Criticism in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s