Ram Nagar Election Results 2017: Sharad Kumar Awasthi of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Ram Nagar seat, constituency No. 267 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Sharad Kumar Awasthi of BJP has won the Ram Nagar seat, constituency No. 267 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly where Sharad Kumar Awasthi of BJP is leading.
The main candidates from Ram Nagar were Hafeez Bharti (BSP), Sharad Kumar Awasthi (BJP) Pushpa Shahi (RLD), Suresh Pathak (SHS), Arvinda Kumar Singh 'Gope'(SP).
Ram Nagar is a Muslim dominated constituency. Fight between Arvind Kumar Singh Gope Samajwadi Party (SP), cabinet minister in UP govt against BJP Sharad Kumar Awasthi and BSP Hafeez Bharti.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Arvind Kumar Singh, the winning SP candidate, got 77,428 votes. The nearest contender was Amresh Kumar of BSP who got 45,204 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- REEL Movie Awards 2019: Journey to Celebrate Quality Cinema Continues Tonight
- IPL 2019 | Kaushik: Maybe Next Time Jos, Simply Don't Cross the Line?
- Nayanthara Urges Internal Probe Against Radha Ravi for Making Misogynistic Comments Against Her
- Why Ravichandran Ashwin is Facing Criticism For 'Mankading' Jos Buttler in IPL Match
- Gatecrashing Weddings, Meeting Royals and Tea: How Shashi Tharoor is Wooing Voters in Kerala
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s