Rampur Election Results 2017: Azam Khan of SP Wins
Mohammad Azam Khan of the Samajwadi Party is all set to win from Rampur constituency. He had won in 2012 election as well from Rampur.
Mohammad Azam Khan of the Samajwadi Party has won Rampur constituency.
The main candidates from Rampur were Dr. Tanveer Ahmad Khan (BSP), Shiv Bahadur Saxena (BJP), Asim Khan (RLD), Mohammad Azam Khan (SP).
In the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, the Samajwadi Party won this constituency by a whopping margin of 63,269 votes. Senior Samajwadi Party leader Mohammad Azam Khan was the party's winning candidate from Rampur constituency; he got as many as 95,772 votes. Congress nominee Tanveer Ahmad Khan, the nearest contender, got 32,503 votes. The voter turnout was 54.55 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Exciting to Work with Bowlers of Shami’s Ability: Ryan Harris
- IPL 2019 | Pant Settles Score With Bumrah in Style
- IPL 2019 | Bumrah Recovering Well, to be Assessed Again on Monday: MI
- HP Spectre Folio Review: There Are Premium Laptops, And There is This Setting New Benchmarks
- Chinese Police Use Criminal's Childhood Picture On Wanted Poster, Says 'Features Don't Change'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s