Ranikhet Election Results 2017: Karan Mahara from Congress wins
Karan Mahara from Congress won with 19035 seats.
Counting is done for Ranikhet seat, constituency No. 50 of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. Karan Mahara from Congress won with 19035 seats.
The main candidates from Ranikhet were Kripal Ram (BSP), Ajay Bhatt (BJP), Karan Mahara (INC) and Pramod Nainwal (IND).
In 2012, voters in the hill state had returned a hung verdict with the Congress and the BJP winning 32 and 31 seats in the 70-seat Assembly. Infighting within the Congress had forced a trust vote in the state bringing Harish Rawat back to power.
The majority mark in the state, which voted on February 15, is 36.
Exit polls had predicted a win for the BJP in the state with most projecting it just above the majority mark.
For live Uttarakhand assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Apple Betting Big on TV+ With Big Name Original Content, And The Refreshed TV App is Just One Link
- IPL 2019 | Ashwin Uses Controversial Trickery to Dismiss Rajasthan Opener
- Hope Tribals and Nomads Find Place in 'New India': Meet MP's First College-Going Pardhi Girl
- Streaming Services Such as Netflix And Amazon Video Now Have More Subscribers Globally Than Cable TV
- Kesari Weekend Collection: Akshay Kumar's War Drama Banks Close to 80 Cr at Box Office
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s