Rashid Engineer Sent to Four-Day NIA Custody in Terror-funding Case
Rashid Engineer will be produced before the court on August 14. He was sent to four days custody after the agency pushed for his 10 days remand.
File photo of Jammu and Kashmir state lawmaker Engineer Abdul Rasheed, center, detained by police during a protest.(Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Former Jammu & Kashmir MLA Rashid Engineer was on Saturday sent to four days NIA custody by a Delhi court in a terror-funding case involving 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
Engineer was produced before Duty Magistrate Dharmender Singh, who sent him to four days custody after the agency pushed for his 10 days remand. He will now be produced before the court on August 14.
Engineer is accused of taking money from Kashmiri businessman Zahoor Watali.
Several separatist leaders, including Shabbir Shah, Masrat Alam and Asiya Andrabi, are already in judicial custody in connection with the Jammu and Kashmir terror funding case.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Netflix Lets You Set Reminders For Upcoming Movies or Shows, But Only on The TV
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Facebook Clear History Tool Lets You Control Data Shared With Apps And Websites
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'