Rebel AIDMK Faction Led by Panneerselvam Constitutes Parliamentary Board
Rebel AIADMK faction led by O Panneerselvam on Sunday constituted its Parliamentary Board and announced 13 members for the top body.
File photo of O Panneerselvam (left) and VK Sasikala.
Chennai: Rebel AIADMK faction led by O Panneerselvam on Sunday constituted its Parliamentary Board and announced 13 members for the top body.
Days after the AIADMK Parliamentary Board was reconstituted, with party General Secretary V K Sasikala, replacing her predecessor late J Jayalalithaa as its head, the rebel faction disputed the setting up of the new board.
"Since the post of party general secretary is now vacant, I appoint new members to the Parliamentary Board," he said in a party release adding he had been named party presidium chairman already by the party's General Council.
While Madusudanan will be the chief of the Board, former Chief Minsiter O Panneereselvam, former Ministers C Ponnaiyan, K Pandiarajan, Rajya Sabha member V Maithreyan are among the newly named 13 members.
The Panneerselvam camp has already challenged before the Election Commission the appointment of Sasikala as General Secretary following which the commission has sought her response.
Recommended For You
- Farhan Akhtar Feels Great as He 'Bumped' into Rumoured Girlfriend Shibani Dandekar, See Post
- From His Exes to How He Told Parents About Neha Dhupia’s Pregnancy, Angad Bedi Bares It All
- Xiaomi Leads Indian Smartphone Market in Q3, But Phone Prices Will Continue to Rise: IDC
- Bigg Boss 12: Shilpa Shinde Brutally Trolled for Defending Sreesanth on Washing Utensils
- Probe Panel Investigating Sexual Harassment Charges Against BCCI Johri Granted Extension