Rebel AIDMK Faction Led by Panneerselvam Constitutes Parliamentary Board
Rebel AIADMK faction led by O Panneerselvam on Sunday constituted its Parliamentary Board and announced 13 members for the top body.
File photo of O Panneerselvam (left) and VK Sasikala.
Chennai: Rebel AIADMK faction led by O Panneerselvam on Sunday constituted its Parliamentary Board and announced 13 members for the top body.
Days after the AIADMK Parliamentary Board was reconstituted, with party General Secretary V K Sasikala, replacing her predecessor late J Jayalalithaa as its head, the rebel faction disputed the setting up of the new board.
"Since the post of party general secretary is now vacant, I appoint new members to the Parliamentary Board," he said in a party release adding he had been named party presidium chairman already by the party's General Council.
While Madusudanan will be the chief of the Board, former Chief Minsiter O Panneereselvam, former Ministers C Ponnaiyan, K Pandiarajan, Rajya Sabha member V Maithreyan are among the newly named 13 members.
The Panneerselvam camp has already challenged before the Election Commission the appointment of Sasikala as General Secretary following which the commission has sought her response.
Recommended For You
- Saare Jahaan Se Achcha: Has Shah Rukh Khan Quit Rakesh Sharma Biopic? Writer Clarifies
- Last Amazon And Flipkart Sales Before New Ecommerce Guidelines Kick in: Everything to Know
- Supreme Court Bans Vehicle Modification in India – A Detailed Analysis
- Oppo Could Showcase 10x Zoom Lens For Smartphones in February
- Australian Open: Clinical Rafael Nadal Overwhelms Matthew Ebden
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s