Received Death Threat in Letter by Speed Post: Kerala BJP Chief
The threat was received through a letter, sent by speed post from Maharashtra, a BJP release said. The letter, dated October 29, was sent to the party's headquarters here and carries the name of a Keralite, Mohan K Nair.
Image for representation.
Thiruvananthapuram: The BJP's Kerala unit president P S Sreedharan Pillai has received a death threat, the party said on Saturday.
The threat was received through a letter, sent by speed post from Maharashtra, a BJP release said.
The letter, dated October 29, was sent to the party's headquarters in Thiruvananthapuram and carries the name of a Keralite, Mohan K Nair.
He has said he would be reaching Kerala on November 1 and will be joining Pillai during the 'Sabarimala protection rathyatra' from Kasaragod, according to the release.
BJP leader K Surendran said DGP Loknath Behara has been informed of the threat.
The rathyatra from November 8-13 to save the temple's traditions and customs is led by Pillai and Bharat Dharma Jana Sena (BDJS) leader Thushar Vellappally, according to BJP sources.
BJP and various Hindu outfits are on the warpath against the left government over its decision to implement the Supreme Court verdict allowing women of menstrual age to enter the shrine.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring