'Repeating Congress's Mistake': Mayawati Slams BJP for Equating PM Modi With India
Mayawati's remark comes days after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath called the Indian Army 'Modiji ki sena' (PM Modi's Army) during an election rally in Ghaziabad.
File photo of BSP chief Mayawati. (PTI)
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati Thursday accused the BJP of portraying Prime Minister Narendra Modi as India and India as Modi and said it was repeating the same mistake which the Congress did in Indira Gandhi's rule.
Mayawati's remark comes days after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath called the Indian Army "Modiji ki sena" (PM Modi's Army) during an election rally in Ghaziabad.
"By portraying 'Modi is India and India is Modi', the
BJP/RSS are committing the same mistake and insulting India and democracy which the Congress had done earlier by declaring 'Indira is India and India is Indira'," Mayawati said in a tweet.
She said, "A huge pity and most condemnable. People should not forgive them for this sin."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships