Reservation is a Constitutional Right, Nobody Can Abolish it: Ram Vilas Paswan
Asserting that reservation is not a charity, Union Minister and BJP ally Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday said it is a constitutional right which nobody can abolish.
File photo of Ram Vilas Paswan
New Delhi: Asserting that reservation is not a charity, Union Minister and BJP ally Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday said it is a constitutional right which nobody can abolish, remarks coming a day after RSS spokesperson Manmohan Vaidya kicked up a row over the issue.
Reservation is not a charity. It was provided by 'Poona Pact' between Rashtrapita Mahatma Gandhi and Baba Saheb Ambedkar. Till the caste system continues in the country, Reservation will remain, the Union Food and Public Distribution Minister said.
"Prime Minister has said it very categorically that reservation will continue in this country till he is alive.
Reservation is a constitutional right and nobody can abolish it. 85 per cent of the people in country are benefiting from it and it is impossible to remove it," the LJP President said in tweets.
Yesterday in Jaipur, Vaidya appeared to be favouring a review of the reservation policy, saying even the architect of the Constitution B R Ambedkar had not favoured its continuance in perpetuity. He later clarified that RSS favours reservation and it should remain as long as discrimination continued.
Recommended For You
- Fountain of Youth? Study Finds New Anti-ageing Compound in Japanese Plant
- Archana Puran Singh on Replacing Navjot Singh Sidhu on The Kapil Sharma Show: It's A possibility
- BCCI Meet on Friday to Consider Asking Pakistan World Cup Ban
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Vs Apple iPhone XS Max: Which is The Ultimate Flagship Phone?
- Google Built a Microphone in The Nest Secure, And Then Forgot to Mention That to Anyone Buying it
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s