Rose Valley Scam: TMC MP Sudip Bandopadhaya's Bail Plea Rejected Again
A local court on Saturday rejected the bail petition of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay, arrested over his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley Group chit fund scam.
File photo of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay
Bhubaneswar: A local court on Saturday rejected the bail petition of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay, arrested over his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley Group chit fund scam.
District and Sessions court, Khurda, turned down Bandopadhaya's bail petition even as his lawyer pleaded that the TMC MP has been cooperating in the investigation.
Earlier, the CBI designated court had also rejected Bandopadhaya's bail petition.
The four-time TMC MP was arrested by the CBI on January 3 in Kolkata and brought to Odisha on remand.
Bandyopadhyay, the leader of Trinamool Congress parliamentary party, is presently lodged in Special Jail at Jharpada here.
Another TMC MP Tapas Pal has also been lodged in Jharpada jail for his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley chit fund scam amounting about Rs 17,000 crore.
Rose Valley group has allegedly duped investors in Odisha, West Bengal, Assam, Jharkhand, Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan, MP, Tripura and Andhra Pradesh.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- Sridevi Bungalow: Janhvi Kapoor Walks Away When Asked About Priya Prakash Varrier Film
- Super Over Thriller, Stunning Last Ball Catch Decide WBBL Finalists
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Blessed with a Baby Boy
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s