Rose Valley Scam: TMC MP Sudip Bandopadhaya's Bail Plea Rejected Again
A local court on Saturday rejected the bail petition of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay, arrested over his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley Group chit fund scam.
File photo of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay.
Bhubaneswar: A local court on Saturday rejected the bail petition of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay, arrested over his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley Group chit fund scam.
District and Sessions court, Khurda, turned down Bandopadhaya's bail petition even as his lawyer pleaded that the TMC MP has been cooperating in the investigation.
Earlier, the CBI designated court had also rejected Bandopadhaya's bail petition.
The four-time TMC MP was arrested by the CBI on January 3 in Kolkata and brought to Odisha on remand.
Bandyopadhyay, the leader of Trinamool Congress parliamentary party, is presently lodged in Special Jail at Jharpada here.
Another TMC MP Tapas Pal has also been lodged in Jharpada jail for his alleged involvement in the Rose Valley chit fund scam amounting about Rs 17,000 crore.
Rose Valley group has allegedly duped investors in Odisha, West Bengal, Assam, Jharkhand, Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan, MP, Tripura and Andhra Pradesh.
Recommended For You
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Pakistan vs New Zealand | I Hope Pakistan Can Repeat 1992 Performance: Akram
- #WATCH: Shah Rukh Khan 'Lip Syncing' His Mohabbatein Song In Chinese
- The New Hilarious #HornChallenge That's Making TikTok Users Laugh Out Loud
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s