Rs 6.38 Lakh Cash Seized From Vehicle in Bihar's Kishanganj Ahead of Bypolls
The car from which the money was recovered has a registration number of West Bengal and the man who drove the car identified himself as Amaresh Ghosh.
Image for representation.(News18)
Kishanganj: Officials have seized Rs 6.38 lakh cash from a car during vehicle checking drive in Bihar's Kishanganj district, ahead of Monday's bypolls.
The money was seized during search of the vehicle on late Saturday evening at Faringola check post on NH-31 in Kishanganj, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Shahnawaz Ahmad Niyazi said.
The car from which the money was recovered has a registration number of West Bengal and the man who drove the car identified himself as Amaresh Ghosh, he said.
Niyazi said cash was seized after Ghosh failed to show satisfactory documents about the money.
Ghosh, a resident of Nadia district of West Bengal, claimed that he has a wholesale business of saree and was going to his home after collecting money from Siliguri, Niyazi said.
The vehicle checking was carried out ahead of Monday's bypolls to Kishanganj and four other assembly seats in Bihar.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Was Alexander Zverev Using His Phone During ATP Finals Loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas? Player Denies
- Ponting Backs Burns' Return to Australia Test Squad
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Calls Sidharth 'Kaamchor' and 'Magarmach', Twitterati Divide in Support
- Moto Razr Returns With Flexible Flip Display, Snapdragon 710 SoC: Features, Price and More
- Move Over Chrome, Brave May Just be The Coolest Privacy Focused Browser You Need