RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Six Top Sangh Leaders Make Twitter Debut
Bhagwat has not tweeted anything so far and follows just one account — the official handle of the RSS.
File photo of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat. (PTI)
New Delhi: RSS office bearers, including its chief Mohan Bhagwat, have made their debut on microblogging site Twitter. Besides Bhagwat, six others, including Suresh "Bhaiyyaji" Joshi, the sangh's general secretary, and Suresh Soni, its joint general secretary, joined Twitter.
"The accounts have been created to stop the spread of misinformation being spread by parody accounts," sources said.
Bhagwat's verified Twitter handle is @DrMohanBhagwat. He has not tweeted anything so far and follows just one account — the official handle of the RSS, which has over 1.3 million followers, and has, till now, been the organisation's platform for releasing statements and updates.
The latest move is seen an attempt by the RSS to modernise, which began with the organisation doing away with its famous khaki shorts and choosing brown trousers instead.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor's Badtameez Dil Gets Sara Ali Khan Grooving, Watch Video
- Ekta Kapoor Hints Return of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein with Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- Star Rated: NASA To Start a 'Robot Hotel' Outside the International Space Station
- Listen To The Past: New Fossil Reveals How Hearing Skill Developed in Mammals