- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 113/120
- TRS 98
- INC 6
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Ruckus in Maharashtra Assembly as BJP, Sena MLAs Scuffle Over Aid for Farmers
The BJP MLAs on Tuesday marched to the Assembly with flex boards carrying a report published earlier in the Sena mouthpiece demanding Rs 25,000 per hectare aid for farmers hit by untimely rains.
Nagpur: The Maharashtra Assembly on Tuesday witnessed ruckus as the members of opposition BJP and the ruling Shiv Sena indulged in a scuffle and charged at each other, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House for half-an-hour.
On the second day of the state legislature's winter session underway here, the BJP MLAs marched to the Assembly with flex boards carrying a report published earlier in the Sena mouthpiece 'Saamana', demanding Rs 25,000 per hectare aid for farmers hit by untimely rains.
After the House assembled for the day, the BJP members rushed to the well of the House and shouted slogans, seeking implementation of the Sena's previous demand.
Speaker Nana Patole appealed to the BJP members to return to their seats and allow the House to continue with its proceedings.
However, some Sena MLAs also came there and tried to snatch the flex boards from BJP members, leading to ruckus in the House. As the BJP members refused to return to their seats, the Speaker adjourned the House for 30 minutes.
Recommended For You
- MG ZS EV Undercuts Hyundai Kona Electric SUV by Rs 2.83 Lakh in India
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day
- Nancy Drew to Die on 90th Anniversary, but Hardy Boys Will Solve the Murder. Wait, What?
- Trump Trolled for Sharing 'Ridiculous' Meme with Photoshopped Image of Obama Spying on Him
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu