Ruling AIADMK Faction Extends Support to Ram Nath Kovind
Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK faction on Wednesday announced its support for NDA Presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind.
File photo of Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswamy.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK faction on Wednesday announced its support for NDA Presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind.
The decision was announced in Chennai by Chief Minister K. Palaniswami.
Speaking to reporters, he said the party supports the candidature of Kovind as the next President.
Palaniswami said Prime Minister Narendra Modi had requested the party's support for Kovind over phone and the decision was taken after consulting the party legislators and ministers.
The other AIADMK faction led by former Chief Minister O.Panneerselvam is also expected to support Kovind.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- Streaming Now: 13 Reasons Why You Should Watch Man Vs Wild
- Woman Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral Records Song
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones