Saharanpur Election Results 2017: Masood Akhtar of Congress Wins
Masood Akhtar of Congress is leading in Saharanpur.
Masood Akhtar of Congress has won Saharanpur seat.
The main candidates from Saharanpur are Jagpal Singh (BSP), Masood Akhtar (INC), Ayyub Hasan (RLD) and Manoj Chaudhary (BJP)
In the 2012 Assembly elections, the BSP won this constituency by 17,113 votes. Jagpal, the winning candidate, got 80,670 votes. The runner-up was Ch. Abdul Wahid of Congress who got 63,557 votes. The voter turnout was 73.80%.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Healthy Gameplay System Error Fixed, With an Apology for Shutting Out Gamers in India
- Alia Bhatt Declares Love for Ranbir Kapoor at Awards Show and He Can't Stop Blushing, Watch Video
- Lok Sabha Elections: 87,000 WhatsApp Groups Will Bombard Voters With Messages, But How Many Are Linked to Political Parties?
- No National Award for 'Manikarnika' Will Question Their Credibility: Kangana Ranaut
- PUBG Mobile Ban: India Could Get Six Hour Play Time Restriction to Curb Addiction
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s