Sakshi Maharaj Should be Booked under Goondas Act: Lalu Prasad
Sakshi Maharaj is a very bad person. He is not a saint. He is a vagabond person. He should be arrested under Goondas Act and sent to jail...He always tries to communalise society," the RJD leader said.
File photo of RJD chief Lalu Prasad.
Patna: A day after Sakshi Maharaj sparked a controversy by indirectly blaming Muslims for the population boom in the country, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad said the BJP leader should be booked under Goondas Act and sent to jail.
Speaking to reporters in Patna, he said Sakshi Maharaj is "always involved in communalising society" and he should be arrested.
"Sakshi Maharaj is a very bad person. He is not a saint. He is a vagabond person. He should be arrested under Goondas Act and sent to jail...He always tries to communalise society," the RJD leader said.
Sakshi Maharaj was yesterday booked for allegedly hurting religious feelings after he indirectly blamed Muslims for the population growth, days after Supreme Court outlawed seeking votes in the name of religion or caste.
"Those with four wives and 40 children are responsible for the population increase in the country. Hindus are not responsible for the increase in population," The MP from Unnao in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh had said yesterday.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Priyanka, Nick Return to Mumbai Hand in Hand After a Brief Romantic Getaway, See Pics
- Rajinikanth’s 2.0 is Blockbuster in Hindi too, Kedarnath Rock Solid at Box Office
- These Pics Are Proof Suhana Khan Has Begun Working on Her Goal of Becoming an Actor, See Here
- Yuvraj Singh Issues Hilarious Warning to Rohit Sharma Ahead of Perth Test
- After Google's Date With US Lawmakers, What Lies Ahead for Facebook, Twitter And Other Tech Companies?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s