Samajwadi Party Expels Women's Wing Chief For 'Anti-party' Activities
The Samajwadi Party on Tuesday expelled its Mahila Sabha national president Ranjana Bajpai from the party for her involvement in 'anti-party activities'.
File photo of Samajwadi Party office.
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Tuesday expelled its Mahila Sabha national president Ranjana Bajpai from the party for her involvement in 'anti-party activities'.
"She has been relieved from all of her responsibilities and expelled from the party by the national president (Akhilesh Yadav)," Uttar Pradesh SP chief Naresh Uttam said.
Ranjana's son Harshvardhan Bajpai is contesting the ongoing Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls on a BJP ticket from Allahabad North.
Ranjana has been accused of "helping her son botch the electoral prospects" of the SP-Congress alliance candidate, Anugrah Narayan Singh (Congress).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana