Sanour Election Results 2017: Harinder Pal Singh Chandumajra of SAD Wins
In a tough fight, Harinder Pal Singh Chandumajra of SAD has defeated Harinder Pal Singh Mann of INC to win the seat of Sanour.
In a tough fight, Harinder Pal Singh Chandumajra of SAD has defeated Harinder Pal Singh Mann of INC to win the seat of Sanour. He got 58792 votes.
The main candidates from Sanour were Gurpinder Singh Chhina (BSP), Kuldeep Kaur Tohra (AAP), Harinder Pal Singh Mann (INC) and Ramesh Singh (CPM).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
Congress fielded former Akali Harinder Singh ‘Harry’ Mann and AAP having fielded former Akali stalwart Kuldeep Kaur Tohra, wife of former SAD minister Harmail Singh Tohra and daughter of the longest serving chief of the SGPC Gurcharan Singh Tohra.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes