Sanour Election Results 2017: Harinder Pal Singh Chandumajra of SAD Wins
In a tough fight, Harinder Pal Singh Chandumajra of SAD has defeated Harinder Pal Singh Mann of INC to win the seat of Sanour.
In a tough fight, Harinder Pal Singh Chandumajra of SAD has defeated Harinder Pal Singh Mann of INC to win the seat of Sanour. He got 58792 votes.
The main candidates from Sanour were Gurpinder Singh Chhina (BSP), Kuldeep Kaur Tohra (AAP), Harinder Pal Singh Mann (INC) and Ramesh Singh (CPM).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
Congress fielded former Akali Harinder Singh ‘Harry’ Mann and AAP having fielded former Akali stalwart Kuldeep Kaur Tohra, wife of former SAD minister Harmail Singh Tohra and daughter of the longest serving chief of the SGPC Gurcharan Singh Tohra.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Players Who Made the Jump From Cricket to Politics
- Facebook May Have Fixed the Password Debacle, But Here is What You Should Also do
- Hyundai Motor India Teases Upcoming QXi Compact SUV in a Video
- 'Florida Man' Internet Challenge is Making Everyone Google Their Birthdays
- Unpopular Opinion: This Viral Twitter Thread Needs to Be Snipped
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s