Sardhana Election Results 2017: BJP's Sangeet Singh Som Wins
Sangeet Som, the sitting MLA of Sardhana constituency is leading. Som is part of BJP.
BJP's Sangeet Som has won Sardhana seat by 97921 votes.
The main candidates from Sardhana are Sangeet Som (BJP), Atul Pradhan (SP), Vakil Chaudhary (RLD) and Hafiz Imran Yaqoob (BJP)
Sardhana is Muslim-dominated constituency. Sangeet Som of Bharatiya Janata Party, (BJP) who is the sitting MLA has been facing charges in 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots and was also booked under national security act in 2013 congress and Bharatiya Janata Party won five times each; Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) only once so far.
The BJP won this constituency by 12,274 votes in the 2012 Assembly elections. Sangeet Som, the BJP's winning candidate, got 62,438 votes. The nearest contender was Hazi Mohammad Yaqub of RLD who got 50,164 votes. The voter turnout was a good 72.46 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- Amazon Apple Fest: Offers on iPhone X, Apple Watch, MacBook And More
- Emilia Clarke Writes On Surviving Brain Surgery, Twitter Hails Her Dragon Courage
- Rockstar Mummy: Million People Expected at King Tut Exhibition This Weekend
- Unpopular Opinion: This Viral Twitter Thread Needs to Be Snipped
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s