SAS Nagar Election Results 2017: Balbir Singh Sidhu of Congress Wins
Balbir Singh Sidhu of INC has won the seat in SAS Nagar by securing 66,844 votes
Balbir Singh Sidhu of Indian National Congress has won the seat in Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar district (SAS Nagar) by securing 66,844 votes. Giving him fight was AAP's Narinder Singh who got 38,971 votes.
The main candidates from SAS Nagar were Sarbjit Singh (BSP), Jaswinder Singh (AITC) and Narinder Singh (AAP), Balbir Singh Sidhu (INC) and Tejinder Pal Singh (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More