Sasikala Asks Court to Send Questions for Framing Charges in FERA Case
The case relates to the alleged breach in FERA laws in making remittances for a transponder and uplinking charges for the erstwhile J J TV channel.
AIADMK chief VK Sasikala (PTI Photo)
Chennai: Jailed AIADMK (Amma) leader V K Sasikala has petitioned a court to send her the list of questions to be asked from her when the court takes up framing of charges against her in a two-decade-old FERA case.
The ruling party leader, who is now lodged in the Parpana Agrahara prison in Bengaluru, has moved the economic offences court of the additional chief metropolitan magistrate, which is to frame charges in the FERA case against her.
The EO court had earlier allowed her plea to appear before it through video conferencing from the prison.
Sasikala has now sought the details of questions that are going to be put against her to frame charges, to enable her to answer them through video conference.
The court has posted the present petition for arguments to June 2.
Sasikala, one of her relatives and J J TV (now defunct) are being prosecuted by the ED in a case of FERA violations in 1995-96.
The case relates to the alleged breach of FERA laws in making remittances for a transponder and uplinking charges for the erstwhile J J TV channel.
It was alleged by the prosecution that the payments were illegally routed to US-based Rimsat through firms having a network in the Philippines and Singapore.
Recommended For You
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro Set For April 23 Launch: All we Know so Far
- Lalit Modi Forecasts IPL Players Will Earn '$1 Million a Game'
- Exclusive | Manika Batra Targets Asian Games Glory After Winning Four Medals at CWG 2018
- Throwback Thursday: When Sanjay Dutt Said He'd Marry Madhuri Dixit If Given an Option
- Jacqueline Fernandez Thinks These Two Stars Are The Fittest Actors In Bollywood