Security in Mau Beefed Up After Police Claim Threat to PM Modi's Life
The security in the Mau district, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to address a rally on Monday, has been ramped up after Mau ASP RK Singh on Sunday claimed that there was a threat to PM Modi's life.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Image: PTI)
As per Singh, Rasool Pati, who is an accused in the Haren Pandya murder case, and his associates have hatched a plan to attack the prime minister’s convoy with a rocket launcher/van and explosives.
Information of threat to life to PM during his Mau visit from Rasool Pati (Haren Pandya murder accused): Mau ASP, RK Singh pic.twitter.com/s8e0t5TORC— ANI (@ANI_news) February 26, 2017
Rasool Pati, associates planning to attack PM's cavalcade with rocket launcher/vans with explosives, security enhanced: Mau ASP, RK Singh pic.twitter.com/XvGnOy7H4d— ANI (@ANI_news) February 26, 2017
PM Modi's decision to hold a rally in Mau could be attributed to the fact that the district is considered a bastion of mafia-turned-politician Mukhtar Ansari, who is contesting on a BSP ticket. The BSP supremo Mayawati fielded Ansari, making her inroads into the Muslim vote base.
Ansari has been an MLA from Mau for a record four times, once as a BSP candidate previously. His brother Sibakatullah, and son Abbas are contesting from Yusuf Pur and Ghosi respectively.
Mau will go to polls in the penultimate phase of Uttar Pradesh elections, along with Maharajganj, Kushinagar, Deoria, Azamgarh, and Ballia districts.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Five Reasons Why PUBG The Most Popular Battle Royale Game in India
- Arya Stark Left for West of Westeros in Game of Thrones. We Know Where It Is
- I Hate Being Photographed, I'm Shy and Don’t Like Coming Out in Public, Says Milind Soman
- Call of Duty Mobile Beta Rolling Out for Android Users in India
- Gomathi Marimuthu Provisionally Suspended after Testing Positive for Banned Substance
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s