Shahkot Election Results 2017: Ajit Singh Kohar of SAD Wins
SAD candidate Ajit Singh Kohar has won in Shahkot with 46913 votes.
SAD candidate Ajit Singh Kohar has won in Shahkot with 46,913 votes. Kohar is the cabinet minister in the government and SAD has been winning the seat since 1997.
The main candidates from Shahkot were Charanjit Kumar Nahar (BSP), Pal Singh (AITC), Hardev Singh Ladi(INC), Ajit Singh Kohar (SAD) and Amarjit Singh Mehatpur (AAP).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- REEL Movie Awards 2019: Journey to Celebrate Quality Cinema Continues Tonight
- Study Reveals Apple, Tesla Most Trusted To Make Driverless Cars, Volkswagen Invested the Most
- Reel Movie Awards 2019: When and Where to Watch Live
- IPL 2019 | Kaushik: Maybe Next Time Jos, Simply Don't Cross the Line?
- Gatecrashing Weddings, Meeting Royals and Tea: How Shashi Tharoor is Wooing Voters in Kerala
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s