Shahkot Election Results 2017: Ajit Singh Kohar of SAD Wins
SAD candidate Ajit Singh Kohar has won in Shahkot with 46913 votes.
SAD candidate Ajit Singh Kohar has won in Shahkot with 46,913 votes. Kohar is the cabinet minister in the government and SAD has been winning the seat since 1997.
The main candidates from Shahkot were Charanjit Kumar Nahar (BSP), Pal Singh (AITC), Hardev Singh Ladi(INC), Ajit Singh Kohar (SAD) and Amarjit Singh Mehatpur (AAP).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right