Sharad Pawar's Cryptic Response on Sena Alliance Ahead of Meeting With Sonia Gandhi
The Shiv Sena had reached out to the Congress-NCP combine for support after its alliance with the BJP collapsed.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail
New Delhi: Ahead of his meeting with Congress president Sonia Gandhi, NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Monday said all the political parties seeking to stake claim in forming government in Maharashtra have to "choose their path."
The Sena had reached out to the Congress-NCP combine for support after its alliance with the BJP collapsed.
"BJP-Shiv Sena fought together, we (the NCP) and the Congress fought together. They have to choose their path and we will do our politics," he told reporters before the Winter Session of Parliament began.
The saffron alliance had secured a comfortable majority by winning 105 and 56 seats, respectively, in the 288-member Maharashtra assembly. Pre-poll allies Congress and NCP won 44 and 54 seats.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Wraps up The White Tiger, Reminds RajKummar Rao to Keep Sending Memes
- Mardaani 2 and Jumanji The Next Level Box Office Day 2: Both Films Record Growth
- 'Cowards': Hallmark Channel Faces Flak for Pulling Ads Featuring Lesbian Couple Marrying, Kissing
- Bigg Boss 13: Kamya Punjabi Slams Madhurima Tuli for Insulting the Transgender Community
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages