Shiv Sena Candidate Wins Maharashtra Legislative Council Election
Shiv Sena candidate Ambadas Danve was pitted against Baburao Kulkarni of Congress. A total of 647 out of 657 public representatives from different local self-governing bodies had cast their votes.
File image of Shiv Sena party logo.
Mumbai: Shiv Sena candidate Ambadas Danve on Thursday won the Maharashtra Legislative Council biennial election from Aurangabad-Jalna local authorities constituency. Danve won the election, held on Monday, by 418 votes, an election official said.
Danve was pitted against Baburao Kulkarni of Congress. A total of 647 out of 657 public representatives from different local self-governing bodies had cast their votes. With a polling percentage of 99.48 per cent, as many as 321 male voters and 326 female voters had exercised their franchise and only 10 voters, including nine women, did not cast their vote, the official said.
The Senas win will make up for the loss Danve had faced at the hands of Prashant Bamb of the BJP from Gangapur constituency in Aurangabad district during the 2014 Assembly elections. Meanwhile, Congress Aurangabad district president Anil Patel accused the Sena camp of using money power to influence the voters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update