Shiv Sena 'Demands' Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker's Post
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray and all the 18 Lok Sabha MPs of the party will visit Ayodhya next week, before the start of the Parliament's session.
File photo of Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray.
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena, which has a minister in the Narendra Modi cabinet, Thursday said it has sought the post of Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
Sena leader and Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Raut said the demand has been conveyed to the BJP.
"The party has demanded deputy Speaker's post. We have conveyed our demand to the BJP," Raut told PTI.
Raut said Sena president Uddhav Thackeray and all the 18 Lok Sabha MPs of the party will visit Ayodhya next week, before the start of the Parliament's session.
The purpose of the visit is to reaffirm the party's commitment to construction of Ram temple at the disputed site, Raut said.
Thackeray had visited Ayodhya in November 2018 too, in an apparent bid to mount pressure on the Modi-led government on the Ram temple issue.
The ties between the Sena and the BJP were under considerable strain before the Lok Sabha 2019 elections.
The two parties, however, stitched up an alliance for Lok Sabha and Assembly polls later.
Arvind Sawant, MP from Mumbai South Lok Sabha seat, the lone Sena minister in the Modi government, handling the heavy industries and public enterprises portfolio.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra on Lilly Singh's Guest Wishlist for Late-Night Show
- Now Pay a Fine of Rs 10,000 for not Letting Ambulance Pass, Drink & Drive as Per Updated Motor Bill
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 5: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani's Film Enters Rs 100 Crore Club
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s