Shivaji's Statue in Mumbai will be the Tallest Memorial in the World: CM Fadnavis
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Tuesday said the planned statue of King Shivaji off Mumbai coast will be the tallest memorial in the world.
Nagpur: Union Minister for Surface Transport Nitin Gadkari and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis along with unveilling statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in Nagpur on Sunday. PTI
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Tuesday said the planned statue of King Shivaji off Mumbai coast will be the tallest memorial in the world.
"Shiv Smarak (memorial) in Arabian Sea will be the tallest memorial not only in the country but in the entire world. I thank (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi for making it possible," Fadnavis said.
He was addressing Kunbi Mahotsav at Shahapur in Thane district, organised by Kunbi Mahotsav Pratishthan.
Fadnavis announced sanction of Rs 200 crore for water supply scheme for Shahapur and surrounding villages on this occasion.
Shamrao Peje Kunbi Aarthik Vikas Mahamandal (development corporation) will be restructured, and Rs 50 crore will be earmarked for it in the coming budget, he said.
The CM also instructed Thane Zilla Parishad to prepare a tourist circuit plan for Shahapur and Murbad, and promised adequate funds.
Recommended For You
- KTM RC 125 ABS launched at Rs 1.47 Lakh in India
- Tahira Kashyap Gets Massively Trolled for Sitting on Buddha Statue, Issues Apology
- Deepika Padukone was All Smiles as She Shares Frame with Kendall Jenner in New York
- Amala Paul's Aadai Teaser Gets Big Thumbs-up from Karan Johar, Samantha Akkineni and More
- Updates Galore For OnePlus 7 Pro, as The OxygenOS 9.5.8 Now Rolls Out: The Complete Changelog
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s