After Meeting Yogi Adityanath, Shivpal Yadav Dismisses Claims of Joining BJP
Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav on Thursday denied that he was joining BJP, a day after his meeting with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath triggered speculations that he might go with the saffron party.
File image of Shivpal Yadav. (Image: Getty Images)
Mathura: Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav on Thursday denied that he was joining BJP, a day after his meeting with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath triggered speculations that he might go with the saffron party.
"It was a courtesy call with the Chief Minister and it should not be taken otherwise," he told reporters in Krishna Gopal Peeth, Vrindavan.
Shivpal also said that he was not floating any other party as he was a "true soldier" of the Samajwadi Party.
"I would act as per the wishes of party patron and former UP chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav," he said.
He also went to the extent of saying "Jo apne baap kaa nahi ho saka, woh aapka kya hogaa (how can a person who is not loyal to his father, be loyal to you)."
The SP patron also mentioned that Prime Minister Narendra Modi during one of his election rallies in Kannauj had also echoed the same sentiment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works