Six Persons on Poll Duty Stuck Inside Lift, Rescued
After the fire brigade was informed about the incident, Regional Disaster Management Cell personnel rushed to the spot and rescued those stuck inside the lift.
Thane: Six persons on election duty were rescued from a lift at a school in Kalwa township in the district on Sunday after it stopped functioning due to some
technical snag, an official said.
The incident took place in Sahakar Prasarak Mandal school and they were rescued by the fire brigade personnel after around forty minutes of efforts, the official said.
"Six persons on election duty were using the lift in the school this afternoon when it got stuck on the fourth floor due to some malfunctioning," Santosh Kadam, chief of the Regional Disaster Management Cell of the Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) said.
After the fire brigade was informed about the incident, its personnel rushed to the spot and rescued those stuck inside the lift, he said.
The lift is frequently used by the poll staff to reach the classrooms where the election material is stored, Kadam said.
Polling for 17 Lok Sabha constituencies in Maharashtra, including Thane, Kalyan, Bhiwandi, Palghar and six seats in Mumbai, will be held on Monday (April 29).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When