Sonia Gandhi Dissolves Punjab Congress Committee, State Unit Chief Sunil Jakhar Remains
The party released a statement in this regard, a day after state chief minister Amarinder Singh met Sonia Gandhi in the national capital and held detailed discussions with her.
File photo of Punjab Congress president Sunil Jakhar.
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday dissolved the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee and all district committees in the state with immediate effect, though its state unit president Sunil Jakhar will remain unchanged.
The party released a statement in this regard, a day after state chief minister Amarinder Singh met Gandhi here and held detailed discussions with her.
The Congress president has dissolved "executive committee of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) and District Congress Committees (DCCs) of Punjab with immediate effect. The president of Punjab PCC shall remain unchanged," the statement said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: Australia Edge India 4-3
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile
- Icons on Your Windows 10 PC Are Set to Get Their First Big Makeover in Years
- Google is Throwing Out Apps That Bother Users With Adverts; Almost 600 Have Been Binned