SP Formed Alliance With Congress, But Their Ego Was Too Big: Akhilesh Yadav
The SP-BSP alliance, which also includes the Rashtriya Lok Dal, has left Amethi and Rae Bareli constituencies for the Congress to contest.
File photo of Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav. (PTI)
Kanpur: After keeping the Congress out of his alliance with the BSP, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday sharpened his attack on the party charging that it threatened political opponents and had a big ego.
"Like the BJP, the Congress too believes in threatening political opponents," he said at an election meeting here.
"We had an alliance with the Congress, but found that their ego is too big," the SP president said.
The SP had an understanding with the Congress during the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
But the alliance of the SP and the Bahujan Samaj Party in Uttar Pradesh kept the Congress out of their combine for the Lok Sabha elections.
The alliance, which also includes the Rashtriya Lok Dal, has left Amethi and Rae Bareli constituencies for the Congress to contest.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost