Days Before Polls, Gaurav Bhatia Quits SP, Says Not Joining Any Other Party
In a significant political development ahead of the Assembly Polls in Uttar Pradesh, Gaurav Bhatia, national president of Samajwadi Party’s legal wing, has resigned from the party on Sunday.
Gaurav Bhatia, national president of Samajwadi Party’s legal wing.
Lucknow: In a significant political development ahead of Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Gaurav Bhatia, the national president of the Samajwadi Party's legal wing, resigned from the party on Sunday.
Speaking to CNN-News18 Bhatia cited “recent development in the government and the party” as the reason behind his move, but refused to elaborate.
"I resigned because of recent developments in the government and the party. Not specifying the reason at this moment,” he said.
He tweeted that he had sent his resignation letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav.
I have decided to resign from post of National President Legal Wing SP and all posts. Fwding my resignation to Netaji & @yadavakhilesh ji
— Gaurav Bhatia (@gauravbh) February 5, 2017
"My father late Virendra Bhatia had contributed a lot to the party and the government. For me both Netaji (Mulayam) and Akhilesh ji are important and hence I have sent resignation to both,” he told CNN-News18.
He also clarified that he was not joining any other political party.
Recommended For You
- Rana Daggubati Is All Praises For Keerthy Suresh, Dulquer Salmaan For Their Upcoming Film; See Post
- Dhoni the Reason CSK Win Close Matches: Deepak Chahar
- [Watch] OnePlus Has Come Out With The Coolest New 'Rap Trailer' For The OnePlus 6
- Despite Being An Avenger, Tom Holland Doesn't Look 'Old Enough' To Buy Beer
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo