Stalin Seeks 'Vow' to Dislodge BJP, AIADMK Governments
Only if the AIADMK and BJP governments were ousted from power could the nation get back on the track of prosperity and people could live a good life, Stalin said.
File photo of MK Stalin
Chennai: DMK president M K Stalin on Friday sought a vow from those present at an event here to dislodge the "communal" BJP regime at the Centre and the AIADMK government in Tamil Nadu that is "subservient" to the Union government.
Addressing an event to celebrate Christmas, ahead of the festival and honour pastors, he recalled the initiatives
taken for the welfare of minorities during the previous DMK regimes by late party patriarch and his father, M Karunanidhi.
"Kalaignar (Karunanidhi) worked for the welfare of the minorities," while on the other hand, the BJP government led
by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was against the interests of minorities, he said.
"The Modi led government is communal," he alleged.
The AIADMK government is "subservient" to the Centre, the DMK leader alleged and appealed to those present to take "a vow in this event that celebrates Christmas, to dislodge the governments at the Centre and the State."
Only if the AIADMK and BJP governments were ousted from power could the nation get back on the track of prosperity and people could live a good life, he said.
Stalin earlier recalled that his assuming office as party president came after decades of work for the DMK at various levels, which included his stints in the youth wing
Recommended For You
- AIFF's Denial to Rumours of ISL Getting Top Division Status is Appalling: I-League Champions Chennai City FC
- India vs West Indies | Bhuvneshwar Back to Bowling, Unlikely to Return for West Indies Clash
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- #WATCH: Shah Rukh Khan 'Lip Syncing' His Mohabbatein Song In Chinese
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s