State Govt 'Forgot' People of Rajasthan, Engaged in Hospitality of Maharashtra MLAs, Alleges BJP
Amid political tussle and uncertainty over the formation of the government, some of the newly elected MLAs visited Pushkar in Ajmer on Saturday and Amber Fort and other areas of Jaipur on Sunday.
Jaipur: The BJP on Tuesday said the Congress government in Rajasthan has "forgotten" the people of the state and engaged in hospitality of the party MLAs from Maharashtra who are staying here.
"The state government is busy welcoming and facilitating Maharashtra MLAs. The people of the state are not their priority. The government has forgotten them," former BJP minister Arun Chaturvedi said here.
He said the government was focused on keeping Maharashtra MLAs here so that the party could form government in that state. The Congress MLAs from Maharashtra have been staying at a resort located on the Delhi Road here since Friday.
Amid political tussle and uncertainty over the formation of the government, some of the newly elected MLAs visited Pushkar in Ajmer on Saturday and Amber Fort and other areas of Jaipur on Sunday. They also attended a dinner hosted by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan Looks Like a Hobo in Leaked Pics from Laal Singh Chaddha Sets
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report