Stones Hurled at Mehbooba Mufti's Motorcade in Anantnag District of Jammu and Kashmir
One of the spare vehicles in the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister's motorcade was damaged in the stone-pelting and the driver was hurt.
File photo of former Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti. (PTI)
Srinagar: PDP president Mehbooba Mufti's motorcade came under stone-pelting in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday while she was returning from a shrine there, officials said.
Mehbooba had gone to a shrine at Khirram in Anantnag district to pay obeisance and was returning to Bijbehara when the incident took place, they added.
One of the spare vehicles in the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister's motorcade was damaged in the stone-pelting and the driver was hurt, the officials said.
Others in the entourage, including the PDP president, escaped unhurt.
Mehbooba is contesting the ongoing Lok Sabha election from the Anantnag seat, which she had won in 2014. The south Kashmir constituency, spread over the four districts of Anantnag, Kulgam, Pulwama and Shopian, is going to the polls in three phases from April 29 to May 6.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring