Suspended AAP MP Harinder Singh Khalsa Joins BJP
Harinder Singh Khalsa, who belongs to the SC community, had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls on the Aam Aadmi Party's ticket from Fatehgarh Sahib in Punjab, but was suspended from the party in 2015.
Sitting MP from Punjab Harinder Singh Khalsa, who was suspended from the AAP, joins BJP. (Image: Twitter)
New Delhi: Sitting MP from Punjab Harinder Singh Khalsa, who was suspended from the AAP, and former RJD leader in Jharkhand Girinath Singh joined the BJP Thursday.
Fatehgarh Sahib MP Khalsa joined the BJP in the presence of Union Finance minister Arun Jaitley, while Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman welcomed Girinath into the party fold.
Girinath, who had been MLA in Jharkhand, said it is 'ghar wapsi' (homecoming) for him as his father was a member of the 'Jan Sangh' — the BJP's predecessor.
Khalsa, who belongs to the SC community, had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls on the Aam Aadmi Party's ticket from Fatehgarh Sahib in Punjab, but was suspended from the party in 2015.
He started his political carrier with the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), the Bharatiya Janata Party's ally in Punjab.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android