T R Zeliang Wins Trust Vote in Nagaland Assembly
Zeliang secured 47 out of the 59 votes in the House which included 36 votes of the NPF, 4 of the BJP and 7 from the Independents.
File image of Nagaland CM TR Zeliang. (Photo by Caisii Mao via Getty Images)
Kohima: T R Zeliang on Friday won the trust vote in the Nagaland Assembly, two days after he was reappointed the chief minister amid high drama.
He secured 47 out of the 59 votes in the House which included 36 votes of the NPF, 4 of the BJP and 7 from the Independents, Speaker Imtiwapang said.
Former chief minister Shurhozelie Liezietsu bagged 11 votes -- 10 of the NPF and one Independent, the Speaker said.
He was not present in the assembly as he is not a member. Zeliang was sworn-in on Wednesday replacing Shurhozelie Liezietsu, who was sacked by Governor P B Acharya.
He was appointed chief minister shortly after Liezietsu and his supporters failed to turn up in the Assembly to face the floor test.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Shilpa Shinde Says Dipika Kakar Copied Her During Her Bigg Boss Stint
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Katrina Kaif Again, This Time for Wearing Sunglasses at Night
- Gay Penguin Parents Who Tried to Hatch Stone Get Presented With Real Egg
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues