TDP MP Avanti Srinivas Joins YSR Congress Ahead of Lok Sabha Elections
According to sources, Avanti Srinivas wants to contest from Bheemili assembly constituency and Jagan promised him the same.
On Thursday, TDP Member of Parliament from Anakapally constituency Avanti Srinivas joined YSR congress party in the presence of its president Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Hyderabad: In a setback to the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Avanti Srinivas, member of Parliament from Anakapally constituency, joined the YSR Congress on Thursday in the presence of its president Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Srinivas resigned both from the primary membership of the TDP and his parliament membership. He sent his letter of resignation to parliament speaker and TDP President ChandraBabu Naidu, respectively.
Post that, Srinivas went to Jagan Reddy’s residence and officially joined the YSR Congress.
“I have resigned from my parliament membership,” Srinivas told media persons.
Srinivas alleged that there is lot of favouritism and corruption in the party .
“Because of corruption of the leaders, AP could not get special status. I would have resigned when YSRCP MPs resigned,” said Srinivas.
Sources said Avanti Srinivas wants to contest from Bheemili assembly constituency and Jagan promised him the same.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat