Telangana Assembly Polls: Filing of Nomination Papers Concludes, About 3,000 Candidates to Fight from 119 Constituencies
The Telangana assembly elections are scheduled to be held on December 7 to elect members from 119 constituencies.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail
Hyderabad: The filing of nomination papers for the Telangana assembly elections ended on Monday, with poll officers pegging the number of candidates at around 3,000.
Under the 'Praja Kutami', Congress, TJS, TDP and CPI have entered into a seat-sharing agreement to fight elections together. As per the deal, Congress has to contest from 94 seats, TDP from 14 seats, TJS from eight and CPI from three seats. The candidates of ruling TRS candidates will be contesting from all 119 constituencies.
The process of filing of nomination papers began on November 12. The scrutiny of nominations will be taken up on Tuesday and the last day for withdrawal is November 22.
The Telangana assembly elections are scheduled to be held on December 7 to elect members from 119 constituencies. The counting of votes will take place on December 11.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station