Thane MNS Appeals Residents to Sell Houses Only to Marathi-speakers, Puts up Hoardings
MNS hoardings carried the names of party leader Abhijit Phanse and the party's Thane and Palghar district Chief Avinash Jadhav.
File photo of MNS chief Raj Thackeray. (Getty Images)
Thane: Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena on Wednesday put up hoardings in Thane city, making appeal to city residents to sell or let their houses only to Marathi-speakers.
"Apla Thane-Marathi Thane" (Our Thane, Marathi Thane) said the slogan on the hoardings. The hoardings carried the names of MNS leader Abhijit Phanse and the party's Thane and Palghar district Chief Avinash Jadhav.
A spokesperson of Thane MNS claimed that the party was receiving complaints that it was becoming difficult for Marathi-speakers to buy or rent a house in the city, hence it issued this appeal.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Stone Tools Show Humans in India May have Survived Supervolcanic Eruption 74,000 Years Ago
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's New Promo Hints at Karan Singh Grover's Return as Mr Bajaj
- Vivo Z6 5G With Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Processor, 5,000mAh Battery Goes Official
- The Earth Has a Second Moon, And No One Noticed All This While
- Muslim Man in Meerut Prints Daughter's Wedding Card With Hindu Gods to Promote Religious Amity