Thomas Chandy to be Sworn in as Kerala Minister
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) legislator and Kuwait-based businessman Thomas Chandy will be sworn in on Saturday as a minister in Kerala.
Thomas Chandy will replace A.K. Saseendran (above) as Transport Minister. (Image: PTI)
Thiruvananthapuram: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) legislator and Kuwait-based businessman Thomas Chandy will be sworn in on Saturday as a minister in Kerala.
The decision was taken at a hurriedly-called meeting of the ruling Left Democratic Front (LDF) on Friday.
Chandy, a three-time legislator, was picked after his party colleague and Transport Minister A.K. Saseendran quit after an audio emerged in which he was heard having a lewd conversation with a woman on the phone.
The Mangalam TV, which broadcast the audio, on Thursday night issued a public apology for airing the audio and admitted it was a sting operation and that the lady was not a housewife but one of its journalists.
Saseendran said Chandy will take oath on Saturday at 4 p.m. "I will be taking part in the swearing-in ceremony of Chandy," he said.
Recommended For You
- Children Stop Believing in Santa Claus by This Age: Bored Researchers
- Not Disha Patani, this Actress to Star Opposite Tiger Shroff in Baaghi 3
- Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Elisa Gray: Meet Her in 10 Photos
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s