Thoubal Election Results 2017: Okram Ibobi Singh Wins From Thoubal Constituency
Civil rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila secured only 90 votes on Saturday, as against Congress Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh's 18,649 votes.
With his fourth consecutive victory, Okram Ibobi Singh has proved that he is the "constant factor" in strife-torn Manipur.
Civil rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila secured only 90 votes on Saturday, as against Congress Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh's 18,649 votes as the 2017 Manipur Assembly elections results were declared.
The main candidates from Thoubal were Leitanthem Basanta Singh (BJP), Leishangthem Suresh Singh (All India Trinamool Congress) and Irom Sharmila Chanu (PRJA).
Thoubal is constituency No. 31 of the Manipur Legislative Assembly.
In 2012, the Congress had returned to power with a thumping majority, winning 42 seats in the 60-assembly. Three-time Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh this time faced off against anti-AFSPA activist Irom Sharmila.
Most Exit Polls had predicted big wins for the BJP in the northeastern, but only one put it touching the majority mark of 31. One exit poll predicted an absolute win for the Congress, giving it 30-36 seats.
For Manipur election results click here
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Spinners Steal the Show as CSK Start Campaign in Style
- Federer Rallies to Beat 46th-ranked Albot in Miami Opener
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: Delhi Police Bus, Hyundai, Kia Motors & Ola, Boeing 737
- This Company Will Pay You Rs 69,000 to Binge Watch All MCU Movies Before Avengers Endgame Releases
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s